Sunday 9 May 2010

To mummy



I thought all day long for a gift to give mum this mother's day... the fact that I am across the globe making it all the more difficult, but not diminishing my spirits. Something materialistic didn't seemed to satisfy. And so I decided that the gift I want to give ma- the woman who made me the person I am, can be nothing less than the celebration of life itself.

Mamma, I dedicate this blog to you.

This blog is a celebration of life. Here I will share with you the big and small adventures that fill my life. Experiments in the kitchen, new places and people discovered, and hopefully some adventures down the memory lane.

Amongst others, one of the gifts I have obtained from my mother is a passion for cooking. And believe me, it is an art that has earned me many friends (across the globe) over the years. On this blog
I want to share my adventures with you.

So, to celebrate mother's day, here comes today's special Methi mushroom curry- my dinner tonight! The recipe is mainly taken from here with the only modification that instead of blending the curry ingredients after cooking, I decided to mince individual ingredients for the curry paste beforehand. Mainly because I don't have a blender amongst my minimal kitchen tools. But I think it tastes as good as the original recipe. This dish becomes even more special because it gave me an opportunity to use kasoori methi (dried Fenugreek leaves) that my grandma had painstakingly dried and packed for me. This is indeed a wonderful recipe, so try it and celebrate another beautiful evening of your life that will never return.

And once again, a very Happy mother's day to all mothers.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment